2021 Sustainable Finance Hack
The Geneva School of Economics and Management, Open Geneva & UNIGE Career Services Center are organizing the 3rd edition of the Sustainable Finance Hack on November 26-27th 2021, as part of the Building Bridges Week.
Reinforce the sustainable finance community through:
- Collective practice of innovation,
- Career development and re-training (including soft skills),
- Prototyping of science-backed innovation,
- Product development through use-case bootstrapping.
What to expect?
A hackathon is a 24-hour collective intelligence moment to develop practical solutions to concrete problems. Nowadays, institutions recognize that social interactions, co-creation, and pooling ideas at large are core to advancing innovation.
Participants with various expertise and cultural backgrounds meet and work together in a hands-on approach to overcome a challenge. In an informal, playful but dynamic environment, they (i) create non-trivial social ties, (ii) learn from each other’s diverse backgrounds, and (iii) get pride from achieving together.
The hackathon way is instrumental to ground solid use cases, which may subsequently evolve into robust products or startups.
What is the Sustainable Finance Hack?
In the spirit of other hackathons conducted by corporates and universities across the globe, the Sustainable Finance Hack is a unique creative problem-solving moment. Over 24 hours, it brings together some of the brightest minds from universities, international organizations, and the private sector to solve non-trivial sustainable finance problems, such as:
- Up-skilling and career development for sustainable finance
- Technologies for transparency and accountability
- Earth observation and data science
- Business and human rights
- Behavioral economics and nudging
- Measuring environmental impacts on investments
BUILDING BRIDGES WEEK
The Sustainable Finance Hack is held in preparation for the Building Bridges Week & Summit, which is a premier sustainable finance conference held in Geneva that bridges financial institutions with international organizations.
The Sustainable Finance Hack will be held in person, online, or a hybrid.
ORGANIzERS & PARTNERS
November 26, 2021