The Institute of Economics and Econometrics launches an online seminar series in Development Economics
The Institute of Economics and Econometrics is pleased to announce the launch of an exciting Virtual Seminar Series in Development Economics (VDEV) starting on Tuesday 12 May, featuring leading scholars.
Organized by Giacomo De Giorgi, Professor and Director of the GSEM Institute of Economics and Econometrics, with Martina Björkman of the Stockholm School of Economics, Gianmarco Leon-Ciliotta of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Barcelona GSE, Karen Macours of the Paris School of Economics, these virtual seminars will take place on Tuesdays at 5pm, at least until the end of July.
Invited speakers include:
- Seema Jayachandran (Northwestern University) - 12 May
- Elisabeth Sadoulet (Berkeley University of California) - 19 May
- Michael Kremer (Nobel Laureate 2019 - Harvard University) - 26 May
- Chris Udry (Northwestern University) - 2 June
- Pascaline Dupas (Stanford University) - 9 June
- Costas Meghir (Yale University) - 23 June
- Eliana La Ferrara (Bocconi University) - 7 July
- Esther Duflo (Nobel Laureate 2019 - Massachusetts Institute of Technology) - 14 July
- Tavneet Suri (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) - 28 July
May 12, 2020
Institute of Economics and Econometrics