Consulting Service in Statistics
The Research Center for Statistics offers all faculty members and students of the University of Geneva, as well as researchers from other public or private organizations, a consulting service on statistics.
Among others, the services include experimental design, data analyses, interpretation of outputs and report writing, development of tailor-made statistical methodologies, and software usage. These services are open to any application field (finance, management, medicine, environmental sciences, etc.).
The Center’s mission is to promote and enhance good practices regarding statistics. The Center thus offers various services:
- An hour-long free consultation session that is open to members of the University of Geneva (incl. bachelor and master students) requiring guidance for their research projects. Consulting sessions are organized via email for a circa 30-minute (max. 1 hour) session. Please note that the teaching assistants support statistical issues related to the BSc/MSc courses.
- A collaboration-based consulting service offered to the University of Geneva’s members: If the free consultation service is insufficient, the Center can extend its collaboration with such members, after agreeing on a fair compensation for its work (funding, authorship, etc.).
- A fee-based consulting service offered to public or private organizations not affiliated with the University of Geneva.
Once potential clients have made email contact, the Center defines the modus operandi that best suits their needs. Potential clients can email the Center, providing all of the following details:
- Their name
- Their university or company
- If relevant, their current activity or membership (BSc/MSc/PhD student, postdoc, ...)
- A convenient way to contact them (when, how)
- A description of the problem/issue/ question in a few sentences
- If they are a BSc or MSc student, their supervisor should be included as a reference.