IT Support staff (Auxiliaires de recherche et d'enseignement informatiques) :
In the computer rooms and the library, IT support staff members are available to answer your questions at certain times. The list of computer rooms and the times they are staffed are available here.
The IT support staff can help you with the following issues:
- Public computers,
- Accessing personal data storage areass,
- Accessing email accounts,
- Questions about the multiservice card,
- Printing using the multiservice card,
- Using ordinary computer programs,
- Using programs required for a course or when using UNIGE’s computer program distribution tool,
- Installing programs with UNIGE’s computer program distribution tool on your private laptop computer,
- Information on and assistance with the IT services;
Catalog of IT services for students
PStudy the catalog for an overview of the IT services provided for students.
The GSEM provides various workstations in the computer rooms (M4290, M5290) and the Uni Mail library.
Connecting to online campus services
You need your personal ISIs login information (username and password) for most online services, particularly for your:
- @etu.unige.ch email account;
You’ll find your username and password on your payment statement for paying your tuition fees for the semester.
If you’ve forgotten your username and/or your password, please go to the CAD with your ID/student card.
Offsite connection to campus online services
You will need a secure VPN network to access certain services (such as some electronic journals) limited to the UNIGE campus when using a computer that isn’t on the UNIGE network (e.g. at home).
For more information on installing and using this network, visit this page.
Use your browser (e.g. Firefox) and your ISIs login information to access your emails at outlook.unige.ch
Please refer to the following information to connect to the campus Wi-Fi.
The IT division distributes software that, using their ISIs login information, all students can download and directly install from: etugdl.unige.ch.