International Summer School on Higher Education in Emergencies
Dates: June 20 – July 1, 2016
Location: University of Geneva
- A humanitarian practitioner interested in higher education in conflicts and crises?
- A researcher focusing on international relations, international education or education technology?
- A representative of an organization or ministry whose mission includes higher education?
If so, consider attending the University of Geneva‘s Summer School on Higher Education in Emergencies – co-hosted by UNHCR’s Innovation and Education Units.
- Explore the latest advancements in post-secondary education in emergency and protracted settings
- Collaborate with UN agencies, NGOs and educators
- Discuss policy and programming recommendations, innovative solutions, pedagogical approaches and the potential role of universities as humanitarian actors
- Examine international policies that impact higher education in conflicts and crises
- Analyze and assess the potential of virtual and connected learning, open educational resources and technology
- Apply learner-centered design approaches to complex, real-world projects; and
- Engage with real-world case studies through collaborative learning and high-level seminars
Faculty include field and academic experts from international programs such as:
- InZone - University of Geneva
- UNHCR – United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
- Australian Catholic University - Thai-Burma Program
- BHER – Borderless Higher Education for Refugees
- INEE – International Network for Education in Emergencies
- JC:HEM – Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins
- Kenyatta University - Centre for Refugee Studies and Empowerment
- Purdue University
For further information about the course, please visit: https://genevasummerschools.ch/courses/courses-2016/higher-education-in-emergencies
HOW TO APPLY
Applying early is recommended, as limited spots are available.
Tuition: CHF 2’600. Some scholarships are available.
Early bird/scholarship application deadline: March 1, 2016
Final application deadline: May 1, 2016
To apply via the online form, please visit: https://genevasummerschools.ch/courses/courses-2016/higher-education-in-emergencies
For any other questions, please contact:
Global Studies Institute
Université de Genève
Rue des Vieux Grenadiers 8G