Launch of the Research Handbook on International Drug Policy - 20 October 2020
Book launch hosted by GSI, University of Geneva and GDPO, Swansea University
Date: October 20
Time: 13h-14h (Geneva) / 12h-13h (London) / 22h-23h (Sydney) / 7h-8h (US EDT)
Venue: GSI UNIGE Zoom system
The event is in English.
Analyzing arguably one of the most contested areas in public policy, this Research Handbook brings together contributions from a variety of researchers and practitioners to provide a global overview of the shifting dynamics of drug policy internationally. Chapters tackle a complex and cross-cutting issue from inter- and multi-disciplinary perspectives, incorporating political science, history, law and public health into their analyses.
Emphasizing connections between the domestic and the international, this event will discuss how the Research Handbook illustrates the intersections between drug policy, human rights obligations and the 2030 Sustainable Development Agenda.
Integrating detailed discussion of ever-evolving drug markets, a diverse range of policy responses, and political and ideological tensions, the speakers of this event will discuss the regional dynamics of drug control, its historic constructions, and the contemporary and emerging problems it is facing.
- Nicolas Levrat, Global Studies Institute, University of Geneva (TBC)
- Dave Bewley-Taylor, Professor, Swansea University, co-editor
- Caitlin Hughes, Associate Professor, Flinders University, contributor
- William McAllister, Adjunct Professor, Georgetown University, contributor
- Katharine Neill Harris, Alfred C. Glassell, III, Fellow, Rice University, contributor
- Patrick Shortis, PhD Candidate, Manchester University, contributor
- Khalid Tinasti, Visiting Fellow, GSI, University of Geneva