Carmen Delgado Luchner
Carmen Delgado Luchner
+41 379 96 61
Carmen Delgado Luchner has been a post-doctoral researcher at the Global Studies Institute since January 2016. Until July 31, 2018 she is on scientific leave from her position in order to pursue an Early Postdoc.Mobility project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation. Together with the research teams of Prof. Hilary Footitt (University of Reading, UK) and Prof. Kobus Marais (University of the Free State, RSA), she is analyzing the role of language brokers in development projects. Her areas of expertise include ethnographic and qualitative research, with a particular focus on multilingualism, international cooperation and development. Carmen's research has so far concentrated on East Africa, in particular Kenya, where she has been working regularly since 2010.
- Delgado Luchner, C. (2018), 'Contact Zones of the Aid Chain: the Multilingual Practices of Two Swiss Development NGOs', Translation Spaces. 7(1), 44-64. https://benjamins.com/catalog/ts.00003.del
- Delgado Luchner, C. (forthcoming), '"A beautiful woman sitting in the dark" – Three narratives of interpreter training at the University of Nairobi', Interpreting 21(1), tba.
- Delgado Luchner, C. & Kherbiche, L. (forthcoming), 'Without Fear or Favour? The Positionality of ICRC and UNHCR Interpreters in the Humanitarian Field, Target.
- Delgado Luchner, C. & Kherbiche, L. (forthcoming), 'Ethics Training for Humanitarian Interpreters', Journal of War and Culture Studies. Special Issue 'Translating in Danger Zones' [to be published in February 2019].
- Droz, Y.; Gez, Y. N.; Delgado Luchner, C. & Maupeu, H. (forthcoming), Pentecostalism and alternative paths for self-accomplishment in Kenya, in Ezra Chitando and Joram Tarusarira (eds.), Religion and Human Security in Africa Vol. II, London: Routledge.
- Delgado Luchner, C. & Ndongo-Keller, J. (forthcoming), When Interpreters Encounter Academics: Building Interpreter Training Capacity in Public Universities in Africa. In 'Translation and Interpretation in Sub-Saharan Africa: New Challenges in a Multilingual Space', Brussels, BE: Lexicology, Terminology, Translation Network .
- Ndongo-Keller, J. & Delgado Luchner, C. (forthcoming), La contribution des interprètes africains à l’administration de la justice internationale. Le cas du TPIR. In 'Translation and Interpretation in Sub-Saharan Africa: New Challenges in a Multilingual Space', Brussels, BE: Lexicology, Terminology, Translation Network .
- Delgado Luchner, C. (2015), 'Setting up a Master's Programme in Conference Interpreting at the University of Nairobi: An Interdisciplinary Case Study of A Development Project Involving Universities and International Organisations', PhD thesis, Faculté de traduction et d'interprétation, University of Geneva.
- Moser-Mercer, B.; Delgado Luchner, C. & Kherbiche, L. (2013), Uncharted Territory Reaching Interpreters in the Field. In Martin Forstner & Hannelore Lee-Jahnke, ed., 'CIUTI-Forum 2012: Translators and interpreters as key actors in global networking', Bern: Peter Lang, pp. 403-422.