The ICLE institute conducts research in three main areas: knowledge representation, techniques to access knowledge, and knowledge-based (spatial) information systems. The institute works specifically on:
- the acquisition, storage, and management of ontological, terminological, and linguistic knowledge resources
- the semantic representation, indexing and retrieval of resources in semantic digital libraries
- the semantic enrichment of urban and environmental models, including 3D urban models, in conjunction with geographic information systems;
- representation and reasoning systems for spatial knowldge, with applications to geographical information systems, architecture, and urbanism
- knowledge visualization techniques in 3D virtual environments
Visit the ICLE@CUI wiki for frequently updated information about ICLE research activities.