UNIGE-UZH Side event at the UNECE Regional Forum on Sustainable Development
Leading experts from the public and private sector will analyse the current crisis and discuss how to brace for future shocks. The 2020 multi-layered crisis has accelerated changes across various sectors while opening new venues to integrate and process emerging risks, providing us with a new blueprint for societal resilience building.
Taking stock of our collective experience, the moderated roundtable will delve into resilience building strategies. The speakers will discuss scaling priorities for risk preparedness, disaster recovery and agile response mechanisms towards new systems that address economic and financial performance while factoring social and environmental vulnerabilities. They will also examine how to best align improvements in socio–economic development strategies with cross–sector resilience as proposed within the greater sustainability objectives of Agenda 2030.
12:15 – 12:25 Welcome address
• Jacques Ducrest, Swiss Federal Council Delegate for the 2030
12:25 – 13:45 Moderated roundtable with
• Stéphanie Dagron, Professor of Law, University of Geneva
• Amanda Hosken, Global Head L&H Solutions, SwissRe
• Quentin Ladetto, Research Director, armasuisse
• Ralph Ossa, Chairman of the Department of Economics, University of Zurich
• Maria J. Santos, Professor of Earth System Science, University of Zurich
• Alois Zwinggi, Chair of the Innovation Council, InnoSuisse; Managing Director, World Economic Forum
Moderated by Elisabeth Pfund, Swiss Triple Impact Regional Coordinator, B Lab
To access the Zoom session RSVP here. The event will be recorded and made available to registered participants.