Q2. How to add my publication in PPMS?
- The facility staff cannot keep a publication list updated without your contribution. It is your duty to provide the references of any publications that have used the equipments of the facility. You can add your last publication in the PPMS booking system by clicking on « publications » onglet (see below).
Q1. Should I mention that I use the bioimaging core facility in my publications?
- Always mention the facility in the acknowledgements or in the Materials and Methods. This is critical for : better visibility of the facility, fund raising, etc… For example: -1) in the section Materials and Methods: « image acquisition and analysis were performed at the Bioimaging Core Facility, Faculty of Medicine, University of Geneva ; -2) in the acknowledgments section « The authors wish to thank [xxx] from the Bioimaging core facility ».
Q3. How to mention the equipment and methods I used at the bioimaging in my publication?
- In Materials and Methods, to accurately describe the way in which you did your imaging you should include the following information (where relevant):
- Type of system/microscope (eg Zeiss 510 confocal mounted on an Axiovert 200M microscope stand)
- Objective you used (eg 63x 1.4 NA oil Plan-Apochromat)
- Wavelengths of excitation and emission
- Camera (eg Camera Hamamatsu ORCA-ER)
- Software for acquisition (eg Zen 2010, LAS AF, NIS…) and general typical settings (eg exposure time, binning, time interval,…)
- Details of any image processing or analysis procedures