Prof. Alfredo Addeo
Consultant Oncologist , Tumor immunology and immunotherapy
I completed my training in Italy as Medical oncologist, I spend nearly 4 years working in a lab in Turin assessing possible cellular immunity in cancer and lack of responses (dendritic cell and IL-18 binding protein, mainly in pancreatic cancer). I worked as Consultant Oncologist in Italy for 4 years and then moved to UK to take on a role in Lincoln first and then Bristol University Hospital as Consultant (mainly working on thoracic malignancies). I am deeply interested in translational research (ctDNA amd now predictive, prognostic biomarkes of response to immunotherapy). I moved to Geneva in 2017 and since then tried to work on biomarkers and opening trails in thoracic malignancies.
My main interest has been predictive and prognostic biomarker for immunotherapy in NSCLC. In the last years, I published a few papers on the role of inflammatory circulating biomarkers that could impact on efficacy of immunotherapy. I have several ongoing projects to further assess the role of circulating inflammatory biomarkers (neutrophil/lymphocyte ratio, ISS and LIPI).
- Efficacy outcomes and prognostic factors from real-world patients with advanced non-smallcell lung cancer treated with first-line chemoimmunotherapy: The Spinnaker retrospective study doi: 10.1016/j.intimp.2022.108985.
- Differential prognostic effect of systemic inflammation in patients with non-small cell lung cancer treated with immunotherapy or chemotherapy: A post hoc analysis of the phase 3 OAK trial. 2022 Aug 15;128(16):3067-3079. doi: 10.1002/cncr.34348.
- A prognostic score for patients with malignant pleural mesothelioma (MPM) receiving second line immunotherapy or chemotherapy in the ETOP 9-15 PROMISE-meso phase III trial. 2022 Jul;169:77-83. doi: 10.1016/j.lungcan.2022.05.018
- The lung immuno-oncology prognostic score (LIPS-3): a prognostic classification of patients receiving first-line pembrolizumab for PD-L1 ≥ 50% advanced non-small-cell lung cancer. 2021 Apr;6(2):100078. doi: 10.1016/j.esmoop.2021.100078. Epub 2021 Mar 16
- Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in combination with PD-L1 or lactate dehydrogenase as biomarkers for high PD-L1 non-small cell lung cancer treated with first-line pembrolizumab