MA, PhD Mina Bjelogrlic
Head of Machine Learning - Computational Scientist
+41 22 379 08 15
Mina Bjelogrlic holds a Phd in Computational Electromagnetics (June 2018) and a Master in Electrical Engineering from EPFL, Lausanne, Switzerland. During her studies she focused on computational electromagnetics and signal processing for biomedical applications. Her research focused especially on microwave imaging for brain stroke detection and monitoring, where she developed tools for both modeling electromagnetic fields at high frequencies (up to 6 GHz) in very heterogeneous biological tissues and for the inverse problem resolution (imaging task). Since November 2018, her studies focus on the application of NLP tools, biomedical signal processing, and learning algorithms to medical data.
* Clinical Data, Biomedical Signal and Image Processing, Clinical Decision Support Systems
* Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, Optimization, Regularization
* Computational Bio-electromagnetics, Microwave Imaging, Forward and Inverse Problems Resolution
“Machine learning for prediction of drug-induced repolarization disorders based on electronic medical records”
Journal Club: Digital Health GESAN1
(Publications outside archives ouvertes)
- M. Bjelogrlic, M. Volery, B. Fuchs, J.-P. Thiran and J. R.Mosig andMichael Mattes, "Stratified Spherical Model for Microwave Imaging of the Brain: Analysis and Experimental Validation of Transmitted Power", Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol.60, no. 4, pp.1042-1048, April 2018.
- R. Scapaticci, M. Bjelogrlic, J. A. Tobon Vasquez, F. Vipiana, M. Mattes, and L. Crocco. Microwave Technology for Brain Imaging and Monitoring: Physical Foundations, Potentials and Limitations, Springer, 2018.
- R. Gremaud, M. Bjelogrlic, M. Schneider, E. Logakis, C. Schlegel, S. Fürsich, A. Krivda, T. Christen and U. Riechert "Surface charge decay on HVDC insulators: Temperature and Field effects," IEEE International Conference on Solid Dielectrics (ICSD), pp.1056-1059, 2013. doi=10.1109/ICSD.2013.6619685, ISSN=1553-5282.
- M. Bjelogrlic,M.Mattes, I. Koufogiannis, S. Capdevila and J. R.Mosig, "Volume integral equation formulation for medical applications," 9th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Lisbon, Portugal, 2015, pp. 1-2.
- M. Bjelogrlic, R. Scapaticci, J. R.Mosig, L. Crocco and M.Mattes, "Numerical assessment of brain stroke follow-up via Differential Microwave Imaging," International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), Turin, Italy, 2015, pp. 484-485.
- M. Bjelogrlic, B. Fuchs, and M.Mattes, "Contributions to 3D differential microwave imaging," 10th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), Davos, Switzerland, 2016, pp. 1-3.
- M. Bjelogrlic, B. Fuchs, M. Mattes and J.R.Mosig, "On the Born approximation for differential microwave imaging using volume integral equation formulation," International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), Cairns, Australia, 2016.
- M. Bjelogrlic, B. Fuchs, J.-P. Thiran, J. R. Mosig and M. Mattes, "Experimental verification of optimal frequency range for microwave head imaging," International Conference on Electromagnetics in Advanced Applications (ICEAA), Verona, Italy, 2017.
- M. Bjelogrlic, B. Fuchs, J.-P. Thiran and M.Mattes, "Comparison of Regularization Techniques for Microwave Imaging of Brain Stroke," 12th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP), London, UK, April, 9-13, 2018.
Phone: +41 22 37 90 815