Workshop 2: Regional approaches
Location: Uni Dufour 408
- How far are regional demarcations reflected in migration flows?
- Which aspects of international migration governance are addressed at the regional level, through which institutions and policies, and why?
- Which is the relationship between separate migration policy initiatives within regions and between regions (Regional Consultation Processes, regional mobility frameworks, etc.)?
- How does regional migration governance relate to international initiatives and national policies?
- What role does local governments play – at the national and transnational levels?
Speakers (please click on the speaker to read the bio):
- Nicola Piper, Sydney University
- Tamirace Fakhoury, Lebanese American University
- Ibrahim Awad, American University in Cairo
- Sandra Lavenex, University of Geneva
- Takyiwaa Manuh, Economic Commission for Africa
- Colleen Thouez, Advisor to the UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) for International Migration
- François Reybet-Degat, UNHCR, Deputy director, Regional bureau for the Middle East and North Africa
- Justin Ginnetti, IDMC Geneva
- Sébastien Moretti, Regional Mixed Migration Secretariat (RMMS) West Africa
- Patrick Taran, Global Migration Policy Group (Geneva)
- Nicoletta Giordano, IOM
Moderator: Didier Péclard, University of Geneva