Workshop 9: Access to work and the migration compact
Uni Bastions B015
- Which legal channels to work for labour migrants and persons in need of protection can be opened?
- Which experiences exist with job creation and access to work for refugees in the regions of protection? How can refugees be better integrated in labour markets?
- What kind of partnerships are necessary to increase opportunities for (temporary) labour migration
- What would be the building blocks of a safe, equitable and orderly return policy?
Speakers (please click on the speaker to read the bio):
- Marion Panizzon, University of Bern
- Robyn Rodriguez, UC Davis
- Leticia Saucedo, UC Davis
- Flavia Jurje, University of Geneva
- Ryszard Cholewinski, ILO
- Colleen Thouez, advisor to the UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General (SRSG) for International Migration
- Anja Klug, UNHCR, Bureau Switzerland and Liechtenstein
- Tauhid Pasha, IOM
- Martijn Pluim, ICMPD
Moderator: Gianni D'Amato, University of Neuchâtel