Why manage your data?
- Increase your research impact: by sharing your data, your number of citations and future collaborations will potentially increase
- Save your time: planning ahead for your data management needs will save you time and resources.
- Preserve your data: depositing your data in a repository safeguards your investment of time and resources while preserving your research contribution for you and others to use.
- Maintain data integrity: managing and documenting your data throughout your project maximises transparency and accountability.
- Meet grant requirements: many funding agencies now require that researchers deposit data collected as part of a research project.
- Facilitate new discoveries: sharing your data promotes innovation and potential new data
- Support open access: spread the knowledge and allow the knowledge to be built on. Show your support for open access by sharing your data.