Training dedicated to quantitative data
The Data Life-Cycle Management (DLCM) project team, mandated by swissuniversities, is pleased to announce a new Research Data Management training dedicated to quantitative data, set up by DevPro.
The day will be divided in two parts:
First half of the day will be dedicated to an introduction to the main research data management (RDM) concepts, and the specificity of quantitative data management (QDM) in its context. Global pros and cons of QDM will be considered, then characteristics and suitable tools will be mentioned for each research data life-cycle step, in a case of QDM. Then will follow an introduction to Data Management Plan (DMP) writing for a research characterized by a quantitative data use.
The second half of the day will include three parallel workshops, respectively on:
- Data acquisition and handling, with focus on the software REDCap,
- Data documentation, with a focus on platform Renku,
- Data sharing and publication, with a focus on the repository OLOS.
A round in the middle of the afternoon will allow everybody to try two of the provided workshops.
Addressed topics :
- Research Data Management:
- Quantitative Data
- Data Life-Cycle
- Data Management Plan
- Open Science
- FAIR Principles
- Research Data Management Tools:
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to :
- Know about research data management, its broader context and its specific requirements for quantitative data,
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of research data management in the context of quantitative data management,
- Know good practices and tools for each step of the life cycle for quantitative data,
- Write a Data Management Plan for their own research project,
- Know at least one tool and be able to apply good practices in hands-on workshops.
Eliane Blumer : Documentary Information Specialist, Research Data Management Coordinator at EPFL Library
Anne-Laure Kaufmann : Scientific Collaborator at HES-SO Valais-Wallis, DataAcquisitionUnit Project Manager
Silas Krug : Documentary Information Specialist at HEG-GE, Training and Consulting in Data Life-Cycle Management ProjectJanuary 24, 2020