Trainings & Resources
If you have specific needs, we are happy to come into your lab /department to give customized trainings on any of these topics related to reserarch data management:
- organize your data
- choose your data repository
- store your data properly
- write a data paper
- prepare your data management plan
- know your copyrights and choose the appropriate license
- get an overview of what electronic note books can do
> "How to fill the DMP from the SNF?"
- Next workshops will be scheduled in September 2018 in your Library
- Download the presentation from previous workshop
- Download the annotated DMPs used for the workshops: Trypanosome, Drosophila, Coûts des publications scientifiques
> Midis de l'info scientifique on Research data management (check the full program)
- Research Data's naming and organizing: 04.25.2018 - CMU Library
Research Data's storage: 05.14.2018 - Sciences 2 Library
> Workshops on reference management software
Other Training Programs
- Research Data Management eLearning Platform (Generic)
- Mantra (Generic)
- Consortium of European Social Science Data Archives (CESSDA)
- Data Train (Archeology)
- vads4R (Visual Arts)
- The DLCM website is managed by the team of the Swiss DLCM (Data Life Cycle management) project. It provides good practices, practical resources as well as news in regard to this topic.
- The Digital Curation Centre (UK) site provides expert advice and practical help to store, manage, protect and share digital research data.
- The DMPonline site is a service of the DCC (see above) and University of California that provides help to create, review, and share data management plans that meet institutional and funder requirements (European Research Council, Wellcome Trust...)
Dataverse is an open source web application to share, preserve, cite, explore, and analyze research data. A Dataverse repository is the software installation, which then hosts multiple dataverses. Each dataverse contains datasets, and each dataset contains descriptive metadata and data files (including documentation and code that accompany the data).