Admission to Master’s Programs
|The single deadline for all applications is 28 February 2023. Applications can be submitted on the online platform.|
CONTENTS OF THE MASTER'S APPLICATION FILE
For all Master's programs and all candidates, except candidates to a Master's program consecutive to their BA who finish, during the Spring semester 2023, their BA at the G3S or their BA in international relations (orientation "Politique internationale, Histoire internationale et Économie internationale") at the GSI :
- 1-page cover letter indicating the choice of specialization if applicable;
- 1-page CV (no attachments);
- Photocopies of diplomas from previous degrees; certified true copies in the case of countries who have not signed or ratified the Lisbon convention;
- Photocopies of all grade transcripts; certified true copies in the case of countries who have not signed or ratified the Lisbon convention;
Applicants to the following programs must add:
Candidates who already hold a Master's degree can, once their candidature is accepted, fill in the Equivalency request form and submit it to the G3S Student office.
PROCEDURE ACCORDING TO THE APPLICANT'S SITUATION
The submission platform allows to do the application and enrolment procedures for Masters online. The platform opens at the beginning of January 2023 and it closes on February 28th 2023.
Never previously enrolled at the University of Geneva:
- Candidates who have never been enrolled at UNIGE before must complete their application online, including the Master’s application file and UNIGE enrolment procedures, before the deadline of 28 February 2023. Information about the enrolment procedure can be found here: https://www.unige.ch/admissions/guide
Previously enrolled at the University of Geneva:
- Candidates who have been previously enrolled or are currently enrolled at UNIGE submit their application to the concerned programs via the online platform before the deadline of 28 February 2023.
All applicants accepted in a program
- All candidates who have received a positive enrolment decision must confirm their participation in the program on the online platform before 31 July 2023 and follow instructions provided by the acceptance letter.
- Candidates for a Master’s program following a Bachelor’s completed at the Geneva School of Social Sciences in the Spring semester of 2023 (June or September 2023 session) need to complete the ad hoc form and give it to the students' office before 31 July 2023. WARNING: This concerns ONLY students enrolled for the Spring 2023 semester; this does not concern students who completed their Bachelor’s degree in January/February 2023.
- Candidates for a Master’s program following a Bachelor’s in International Relations with either the International politics, International history, or International economy concentration at the GSI in the Spring 2023 semester (June or September 2023 session) need to complete the ad hoc form before 31 July 2023. WARNING: This concerns ONLY students enrolled for the Spring 2023 semester; this does not concern students who completed their Bachelor’s degree in January/February 2023.
- Candidates who will complete their studies later than the above-indicated timeline must submit their application within the given deadlines; they will be admitted conditionally based on successful completion of their Bachelor’s degree.
- An official translation of documents not issued in French, German, Italian, English or Spanish must be attached to the application.
- Candidates to more than one Master’s program must submit a separate application file for each program.
- Candidates to a consecutive Master’s who hold a Bachelor’s degree in the same discipline from a Swiss university will not have to go through a selection process; their application documents will constitute their UNIGE student file.
- Candidates who wish to follow more than one program will have the possibility to indicate this at the time of the confirmation (31 July 2023).
- The School does not take any decision or produce any attestation outside of the above-mentioned procedure; candidates applying for a scholarship (Swiss Confederation or other) will also conform to said procedure.
- The teaching language of most Master’s programs is French; a good knowledge of this language is required. Passive knowledge of English is also required. Three of our Master’s are taught in English. A very good knowledge of that language is required for these programs. Useful information here: https://www.unige.ch/admissions/en/informations/french-exam
- The academic year starts on 18 September 2023. All admitted candidates must be present as of that date, including those coming from abroad.
Mme Yali CHEN
Mr. Gaetan CLAVIEN
Mrs. Nicole EFRANCEY DAO