Prof. David Ehrenreich
David Ehrenreich's research focuses on observing and modelling atmospheres of exoplanets with spectroscopy.
He obtained his PhD from Sorbonne Université in Paris, France, where he worked on exoplanetary atmospheres at Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris. After a postdoctoral stay at Institut de Planétologie et d'Astrophysique de Grenoble, France, he joined the Department of Astronomy at the University of Geneva in 2012. He is an Associate Professor in the Department since 2017.
David Ehrenreich is currently serving as the Consortium Mission Scientist of the ESA CHEOPS space telescope. He is the Principal Investigator of the ERC project called FOUR ACES (Future of upper atmospheric characterisation of exoplanets with spectroscopy). Starting in September 2021, he is the Principal Investigator of a project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation called "Spectroscopy of hot twilights in exoplanetary atmospheres". The project is co-led by Prof. Vincent Bourrier. David Ehrenreich is also a NCCR PlanetS project leader.
At the Department of Astronomy, he is contributing to the CHEOPS, ESPRESSO, NIRPS and HARPS-N projects and is a regular user of the Hubble Space Telescope.
David Ehrenreich's group is currently composed of the following researchers,
- Dr Adrien Deline (ERC postdoctoral researcher)
- Dr William Pluriel (SNF postdoctoral researcher)
- Michal Steiner (SNF research & teaching assistant)
- Celvin Tan (master student)
Previous team members:
- Dr Leonardo Dos Santos (2017-2021; now fellow at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, USA)
- Dr Julia Seidel (2017-2021; now fellow at the European Southern Observatory in Santiago, Chile)
- Dr Martin Turbet (2018-2021; now permanent researcher at Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique, Paris)
- Dr Lorenzo Pino (2014-2018; now a permanent researcher at Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri)
- Dr Thibault Kuntzer (2018-2019; now a data scientist at Identitas)
- Dr Baptiste Lavie (2014-2019; now a postdoctoral researcher with Prof. Francesco Pepe)
- Dr Jens Hoeijmakers (2017-2020; now an associate senior lecturer at Universitet Lunds)
- Dr Laetitia Delrez (visiting researcher in 2020-2021; now a postdoctoral researcher at Univeristé de Liège)
- Dr Vincent Bourrier (2014-2021; now an ERC grantee and assistant professor at Université de Genève)
Within the Department of Astronomy, the group strongly interacts with Profs. Vincent Bourrier's, Christophe Lovis', Emeline Bolmont's and Monika Lendl's groups to cover all aspects of exoplanetary atmosphere characterisation, from instrumentation to theory through observations.