Prof. David Ehrenreich
David Ehrenreich's research focuses on observing and modelling atmospheres of exoplanets with spectroscopy and ultra-precise photometry.
He obtained his PhD from Sorbonne Université in Paris, France, where he worked on exoplanetary atmospheres at Institut d'Astrophysique de Paris. After a postdoctoral stay at Institut de Planétologie et d'Astrophysique de Grenoble, France, he joined the Department of Astronomy at the University of Geneva in 2012. He is an Associate Professor in the Department since 2017.
David Ehrenreich is co-chairing the science team of the ESA CHEOPS space telescope with Didier Queloz. He is the Principal Investigator of the ERC project called FOUR ACES (Future of upper atmospheric characterisation of exoplanets with spectroscopy). He is the Principal Investigator of a project funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation called "Spectroscopy of hot twilights in exoplanetary atmospheres". The project is co-led by Prof. Vincent Bourrier. David Ehrenreich is also a project leader within the National Centre for Competencies in Research called PlanetS.
At the Department of Astronomy, he is contributing to the CHEOPS, ESPRESSO, NIRPS and HARPS-N projects and is a regular user of the Hubble Space Telescope.
David Ehrenreich is a member of the Centre Vie dans l'Univers / Life in the Universe of the Faculty of Science of Université de Genève.
David Ehrenreich's group is currently composed of the following researchers,
- Dr Adrien Deline (ERC postdoctoral researcher)
- Dr William Pluriel (SNF postdoctoral researcher)
- Michal Steiner (SNF research & teaching assistant)
- Valentina Vaulato (NCCR PlanetS research & teaching assitant)
Previous team members:
- Dr Leonardo Dos Santos (2017-2021; now fellow at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore, USA)
- Dr Julia Seidel (2017-2021; now fellow at the European Southern Observatory in Santiago, Chile)
- Dr Martin Turbet (2018-2021; now permanent researcher at Laboratoire de Météorologie Dynamique, Paris)
- Dr Lorenzo Pino (2014-2018; now a permanent researcher at Osservatorio Astrofisico di Arcetri)
- Dr Thibault Kuntzer (2018-2019; now a data scientist at Identitas)
- Dr Baptiste Lavie (2014-2019; now a postdoctoral researcher with Prof. Francesco Pepe)
- Dr Jens Hoeijmakers (2017-2020; now an associate senior lecturer at Universitet Lunds)
- Dr Laetitia Delrez (visiting researcher in 2020-2021; now a postdoctoral researcher at Univeristé de Liège)
- Dr Vincent Bourrier (2014-2021; now an ERC grantee and assistant professor at Université de Genève)
List of publications available on NASA Astrophysical Data System.