Prof. Monika Lendl
Professeure assistante / Assistant Professor
+41 22 379 24 45
Monika Lendl obtained her PhD from the University of Geneva in 2014. After a postdoc at the University of Liège (Belgium), she spent several years as a project leader at the Austrian Academy of Sciences, and was principal investigator of the GRAPPA project funded by the Austrian Research Promotion Agency. She returned to the University of Geneva in 2019, where she currently holds a position as senior research associate. Monika Lendl is Co-PI of a sub-project (The Monotransit Initiative) within the Swiss National Center of Competence PlanetS. She has recently been awarded an Eccellenza Professorial fellowship to study the climates of highly-irradiated planets (TITANIA: Time variability as a new window on exoplanet climates), which will start in June 2021.
Monika Lendl specialises on high precision photometry and its use for the discovery and the characterisation of exoplanets. She is a CHEOPS science team associate, and serving as the coordinator of atmospheric characterisation working group. She has also been contributing to several exoplanet detection surveys (NGTS, TESS, WASP).
- Dr Solène Ulmer-Moll (postdoctoral researcher, since 2020)
- Angeliki Psaridi (PhD student, since 2020)
- Dr Laetitia Delrez (visiting researcher)
- Dr Sophia Sulis (postdoctoral researcher, 2017 - 2020, now postdoc at Laboratoire astrophysique de Marseille)
- Dr Ines Juvan (PhD student, 2015 - 2018, now astronomy specialist at Andor technologies)