Gaia DR3 event
Gaia released its 3nd full data release (DR3) on June 13, 2022, at 12:00 CEST. The Gaia DPAC variability consortium (CU7/DPCG) led by the University of Geneva has contributed in DR3, releasing the light curves, types, and several astrophysical properties of more than 10 million variable sources.
An event was organised at the Department of Astronomy of the University of Geneva, on the Ecogia site. Participation in the event was on invitation only.
The event can be followed below
The agenda was the following:
Welcome and introductory speeches
|Laurent Eyer - Lead of CU7
Francesco Pepe - Director of the Department of Astronomy
Jolanka Tchamkerten - Mayor of Versoix
Stéphane Paltani - Chair of the Swiss Commission for Space Research
Valérie Koller - Swiss Space Office
|10h00-10h30||Live translation of the ESA/Gaia/DPAC press briefing
(through Geneva channel)
|Josef Aschbacher - ESA Director General
Günther Hasinger - ESA Director of Science
Timo Prusti - Gaia Project Scientist
Anthony Brown - DPAC Chair
Antonella Vallenari - DPAC Deputy Chair
Conny Aerts - Professor at Leuven University and member of the Gaia Collaboration
Presentations of Gaia results by local Gaia scientists
10h45-11h00: Damien Ségransan - Exoplanets with Gaia astrometry
11h00-11h55: Variability analysis presentations
Laurent Eyer - A summary of DR3 variable sources
Lorenzo Rimoldini - Classification of Gaia variable sources
Nami Mowlavi - Getting the most of variable stars
Krzysztof Nienartowicz - Gaia Big Data
|12h00||Livestream of the ESAC event, opening of the DR3 archive|
|12h15-14h00||Apéritif & Cocktail dînatoire||Château d'Ecogia|
Ecogia Pavilion, Department of Astronomy, Ch. d'Ecogia 16, 1290 Versoix.
To get a detailed interactive view please follow the link to obtain information about the Parking and the location of the Ecogia facilities .
Information about the Gaia mission status
From the Geneva main train station
- By train & on foot : Catch a Regio train at the Geneva main station for Coppet (departure in general at HH:01 or HH:31). From Pont-Céard (arriving in general at HH:17 or HH:47) go up the road perpendicular to the rails (see the map with walking path). You will reach Ecogia after about 10-15 minutes. From Versoix the trip is a little bit longer to walk (~25 minutes).
- By bus : Take the “V” bus at the Geneva station (Cornavin) and get out at Ecogia.
- By taxi : ~ CHF 45.-
- By car : Take the lake road direction Lausanne for 15km. In the middle of Versoix (at the lights) turn on the left direction Ecogia.
From the Geneva airport
- By train : Train every 15 min. for the main station (Geneve-Cornavin). Change there and see above.
- By taxi : ~ CHF 45.-
- By car : Take the highway direction Lausanne, get out at the first exit “Bellevue/Versoix”, follow the lake way direction Versoix (5 km). In the middle of Versoix (at the lights) turn on the left direction Ecogia.