DURATION OF STUDIES
2 years (4 semesters)
LANGUAGES OF INSTRUCTION
CONDITIONS OF REGISTRATION
A Bachelor in Computer Science, in Mathematics, Computer Science and Digital Sciences or an equivalent degree, as determined by a review of the candidate's application. Prerequisites may be required.
THE MASTER IN COMPUTER SCIENCE
provides comprehensive, multidisciplinary training in the information and communication sciences. It includes courses in various areas, such as science, economics and social sciences, on subjects like data-mining, information research, man-machine interfaces, cryptography and security, distributed computing, automatic language processing and knowledge modelling.
The programme benefits from the excellent synergies that exist within the Computer Science Centre (CUI). Students may also enhance their training with a three-month work placement in a company. This Master's programme provides students with solid skills in computer science as well as special expertise within their chosen area of specialisation.
4 semesters (max. 8 semesters) | 120 ECTS credits
Required courses (42 credits)
- Metaheuristics for optimisation
- Software modelling and verification
- Systems modelling and design
- Semantic web technology
- Seminar of introduction to research
- Linguistic and empirical approaches to language processing
- Automatic natural language processing
Electives (42 crédits)
- Advanced tools
- Modelling and simulation of natural phenomena
- Security of information systems
- Techniques in man-machine interaction
- Seminars on emerging industrial and scientific topics
- Service innovation lab
- Services - from concept to market
- Knowledge organisation systems
- Project on new information and communication technologies (NTIC)
- Topics in natural language processing, etc.
Dissertation (36 credits)
LEVEL OF FRENCH REQUIRED BY UNIGE
No French proficiency test required for non-Francophones.
Students may earn up to 30 credits while on exchange. They may also conduct research outside the university, under the supervision of a faculty member, or do a work placement at a leading external laboratory in order to complete their Master's degree.
A Master in Computer Science leads to a number of opportunities both in Switzerland and abroad, in areas such as:
- Analysis and management of large volumes of data (Big Data)
- Network management
- Project management
- IT firms
- Service industry
- Administration and public services.
500 CHF / semester (~480 €, ~550 $US)
Rate of the day
Deadline: 28 February 2023
(30 April 2023 for Swiss bachelor degree holders)
EXCELLENCE MASTER FELLOWSHIPS
The Faculty of Science, with the support of external partners, has established an Excellence Fellowship program open to outstanding and highly motivated students who wish to pursue a Master of Science degree in one of the disciplines covered by the Faculty. Candidate selection is based on excellence.
Deadline for applications : March 15, 2023