Apply to Innosciences
The Faculty of Sciences of the University of Geneva has created the "Innosciences Award" in order to reward and promote the visionary projects of creation of start-ups and / or transfer of technologies by supporting their future development. The Faculty will support selected projects by providing laureates office and laboratory spaces in an entrepreneurial/academic environment in order to develop and design their prototypes or proof of concept. The competition is open during all the year and it does not require any prior knowledge of business, technology transfer, or entrepreneurship.
The laureates will have privileged access to support organizations UNIGE - Unitec, LTA, GCC, ... - and also the Canton of Geneva: Fongit, Eclosion, Innobridge, etc.
The hub is designed for teams of entrepreneurial people who want to commercialize results of their own research at the Faculty of Science and are ready to create their own company but also to the HES-SO Geneva and HUG as long as the submitted project allows to enhance a R&D expertise or know-how of the Faculty.
We offer to the winners a free access for a period of 6 months, renewable one time, the following basic services:
- Free office and lab space equipped with hoods, ...
- Flexible co-working/open space
- Access to a meeting room, printer, internet, …
- Theme meeting, Conferences by patent attorneys, entrepreneurs, investors, Innosuisse, Venturekick, …
- Privileged access to Geneva and Swiss innovation/start-up ecosystem: incubators, entrepreneurs, investors, …
- Networking with other young entrepreneurs
The entrepreneurial projects will be selected by a Committee of professors and partners of the Geneva ecosystem of innovation. The following criteria are taken into account by the Committee during the evaluation of projects:
- the innovative and ambitious nature of the project;
- the scientific quality of the project;
- the development potential of the project from an economic point of view;
- the project's potential for successful start-ups and technology transfer;
- the value of the Prize for the good development of the project.