Description of the workshop
The "Bringing GEOSS services into practice" workshop aims at teaching how to configure, use and deploy a set of open source software to set up a spatial data infrastructure (SDI). Trainees will learn how to publish and share data and metadata using OGC and ISO standards and how to register services into the Global Earth Observation System of Systems (GEOSS).
The programme of the workshop is the following:
- Concepts on spatial data infrastructures
- How to store geospatial data? (PostGIS and flat rasters)
- How to publish geospatial data? (GeoServer, WMS, WFS, WCS, KML, SLD)
- How to document and search geospatial data? (GeoNetwork, CSW, ISO metadata)
- How to process geospatial data? (Python, WPS, PyWPS)
- How to access real-time observed data? (SOS)
- How to view geospatial data? (WMS, OpenLayers, QGIS, KML)
- How to download geospatial data? (WFS, WCS, QGIS)
- How to analyze geospatial data? (WPS local/remote)
- How to share geospatial data? (GEOSS, Discovery and Access Broker)
The PowerPoint presentations of the course are available in Arabic, Croatian, English, French, Russian, Serbian and Spanish.