Since its inception, the technology transfer office, Unitec, has demonstrated an instrumental role in transferring technologies from the laboratory towards the marketplace by working with start-up companies as well as existing companies in Switzerland, Europe and the rest of the world.
We offer advice as well as industrial and financial contacts to University, the University Hospital and the University of Applied Sciences and Arts of Geneva researchers. Furthermore, Unitec encourages scientists with innovative ideas to create spin-offs
- We review invention disclosures and help evaluate their legal protectability and their commercial appeal
- We find appropriate industrial contacts for collaborations or licensing
- We provide answers to your questions about intellectual property
- We support researchers during negotiations of research collaborations and licensing of your technology with private partners
- We serve as a contact for industries that would like to collaborate with the University and the University Hospitals of Geneva
- We encourage the creation of spin-offs