Funding & Partnerships
A Swiss-French-European Connexion
Developed at the University of Geneva by the Chair in Digital Humanities, the Visual Contagions project is funded from January 2021 to December 2024 by the Swiss National Science Foundation, in collaboration with the activities of the Centre IMAGO, a Jean Monnet European Centre of Excellence funded from 1 October 2019 to 30 September 2022 by the European Erasmus + Agency at the Ecole Normale Supérieure in Paris. It takes advantage of the exceptional digital infrastructure of the University of Geneva, thanks to several development and equipment projects (E-Research and COINF).
Around the World
The Visual Contagions project inherits, extends and expands the work of the international Artl@s project (https://artlas.huma-num.fr), and in particular continues the collaborations with Brazil, Japan, Portugal, Spain, Germany, France and the United States.
More specifically, we are very grateful to the following institutions, which have given us direct and free access to their corpus of digitised prints:
- Gallica and the Bibliothèque nationale de France, Paris (our special thanks to Jean-Philippe Moreux)
- the Swiss digital library E-Periodica (Zurich) (our special thanks to Christiane Sibille)
Visual Contagions works closely with the projects:
- Fondue (dir. Dr. Simon Gabay)
- Repart (dir. Prof. Dr. Paula Barreiro-Lopez, université de Grenoble-Alpes)
- DVS (dir. Prof. Dr. Tristan Weddigen)