Institutions of research and higher education recognized by UNIGE
- The recognized or accredited Swiss higher education institutions
- Public institutions of higher education with the status of university and that award academic degrees, generally up to and including the doctorate.
- Institutes, schools, and academies legally attached to a public university, and whose academic degrees are awarded by that public university.
- Private institutions of higher education with which UNIGE has signed and institutional agreement (cf. Panorama: https://www.unige.ch/international/fr/partenariats/accueil/).
- Institutions of higher education that are private and/or that are not universities, if they meet , in principle, all of the following criteria:
- They have institutional agreements in place with several other universities that have direct agreements with UNIGE (as indicated in Panorama, mentioned above), and
- They offer programs in several fields, specifically in the sciences and/or medicine, and
- They award academic degrees, generally up to and including the doctorate, and
- They are mentioned in reference works frequently utilized in the academic milieu, including "World Higher Education Database", "United Kingdom National Recognition Information Centre", and "Anabin".
- They are recognized and accredited as higher education institutions by the competent official accreditation bodies in the country concerned.
Programs at institutions of research and higher education recognized by UNIGE
- The degree is awarded by a recognized university or institution of higher education (see above); and
- It offers a university-level degree expected to take at least 3 years to complete (at least 180 ECTS credits); and
- The program is comparable to those offered by a Swiss institution of higher education (Universities, EPF, HES, HEP); and
- In principle, at least 90 ECTS credits (or credits deemed equivalent) were earned through teaching and learning activities from the plan of study for the program. The rules and regulations for UNIGE programs may stipulate more restrictive conditions; and
- The program is recognized and accredited by the competent official accreditation bodies in the country concerned, if applicable.