Inverted Confocal Microscope featuring temperature/CO2 control, tunable excitation laser (440-790nm + 405nm), 5 HyD detectors, Navigator, Lightning, ...
The Photonic Bioimaging Center was founded in 2002 by the NCCR Frontiers in Genetics. It is a common platform of the Faculty of Sciences and iGE3. Under the auspices of the iGE3, it is mainly supported by the Section of Biology and the Biochemistry Department. The Center is open to the entire scientific and biomedical community of the Geneva academic landscape.
It is dedicated to providing state-of-the-art equipment and technology for light microscopy. Specialists offer advice and guidance for each step of your imaging project starting from experimental approach to data analysis.
The Photonic Bioimaging Center is providing help at different levels :
- Advice for experimental approach and design for cell imaging
- Guidance for sample preparation (immunostaining or in situ hybridization)
- Supervision and guidance for the use of the confocal and widefield fluorescence microscopes
- Training : New users are trained on the instruments until they become independent
- Data analysis and quantification using free (ImageJ, FIJI) and dedicated
commercial software (Imaris, Huygens)
The center is equipped with bench space that is available to users of our service.
Available upon request
- Fees and prices
- Design and optimization of protocols for complex experiments and applications (especially living-cell conditions, FRET, FRAP, superresolution)
- Alternative forms of services