Study Abroad

Study abroad

What is academic mobility?

Academic mobility allows you to carry out part of your studies in another university, in Switzerland or abroad, as part of your bachelor's, master's or doctoral studies, while remaining enrolled at the University of Geneva. Numerous destinations are available, from your 2nd year onwards, for one or two semesters, depending on your faculty’s study regulations.

Please note that the courses of the semester or year of exchange must in theory be taken entirely in the host institution.

The credits obtained abroad will be transferred to your UNIGE transcript of records, according to the pre-established study plan. You will therefore only obtain a UNIGE diploma.

You can also do a research internship in Europe.

Finally, if you are a UNIGE employee, you can benefit from a short stay in Europe to teach or to train.

Why go an exchange?

An exchange allows you to follow courses in another institution, to experience a different culture, to improve your language skills, to develop your network and to enhance your CV.