Short course Humanitarian Advocacy: from Bearing Witness to Activism 2023
Period5 June 2023 - 16 June 2023
Registration deadline14 May 2023
Total fees: CHF 1’700.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There is no available scholarship for this programme.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Critically discuss the concept and dynamics of advocacy within the humanitarian sector
- Explain what are the main components of an advocacy plan
- Analyse an advocacy context and decide on the most appropriate modes of action
Professional from other sectors (journalism, marketing, PR, policymaking, philanthropy) who wishes to increase their understanding of humanitarian advocacy
Graduate student with relevant volunteer or intern experience, looking to undertake a postgraduate course to explore the specificities of advocacy in the humanitarian sector
Structure of the course
- Concept of advocacy
- Specificities of humanitarian advocacies
- Advocacy contexts
- Advocacy plan
- Advocacy modes of action
Prof. Karl BLANCHET, Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
Using lectures, case studies and discussions with professionals in humanitarian advocacy, the general objective of the seminar is for participants to acquire the tools and skills necessary to develop an effective advocacy strategy in support to operational humanitarian projects.
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Scanned copy of passport.
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.