Short course Humanitarian Leadership and People Management 2023
Period9 January 2023 - 29 January 2023
Registration deadline18 December 2022
Total fees: CHF 1’700.-
Deposit: (upon acceptance of admission): CHF 200.-
There is no available scholarship for this programme.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Manage and lead people according to the essential principles of diversity, inclusion and duty of care
- Adopt best practices for informed and critical decision-making
- Identify your preferred leadership style and argue your choice
Professional from any other sectors (private, academic, etc) and graduate student with relevant volunteer or intern experience who wish to increase their understanding of leadership and people management in the humanitarian field
Structure of the course
• Sectorial and organisational leadership
• Conflict and team management
• The figure of the leader and manager
• Emotions in the workplace
• Stress management
• Remote management
• Peer-to-peer exercises
Prof. Karl BLANCHET, Geneva Centre of Humanitarian Studies, a joint Centre of the University of Geneva and the Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (IHEID), Geneva
- a university qualification (bachelor’s degree or equivalent);
- at least three years of relevant professional experience;
- excellent command of English;
- motivation working in the humanitarian sector.
- CV (Résumé)
- Copy of your highest diploma
- Work certificate or official document of your current job position
- Scanned copy of passport.
More information about the admission process is available on our application page.