Access electronic resources (Wifi, VPN...)
Computers connected to the internet are available:
- in the library with free access to search catalogues; no registration needed
- in computer rooms (student PC rooms) at the Library and at the University
On admission to the University you were assigned an email address and an account (login) giving you access to the computer network and services. You can also print at these stations on dedicated printers.
More details are available on the "Ressources informatiques" link of the University or from the IT assistants available to you.
You can access all your information, publications, databases, etc. from any computer anywhere in the world.
To do this you need:
- an ISIS computing account
- VPN software on your computer
How to install VPN:
- Follow the IT instructions
If you have any questions or problems, contact the Centre d'accueil des Demandes – CAD.
Non-UNIGE users have access to internet via public internet stations.
These are available in the entrance halls of Uni Dufour, Uni Mail, Uni Bastions and at CMU, to allow everyone to have access to internet to consult emails, carry out searches, look for a job …
There is no need for a user identification or password to use these.
If you have been invited, you can use wifi by creating a temporary wifi access.
- SWITCHConnect members or commercial (Swisscom, Monzoon or TheNet) : Wi-Fi "public-unige" - Setup informations
Swiss or international academic member : Wi-Fi "eduroam" - Setup informations
Guest (conference, etc.) : Wi-Fi "guest-unige" - Setup informations
(Attention: the online resources such as databases, online journals, ebooks etc are not available through those networks)