For libraries: order of documents from the UNIGE Library
We are happy to provide documents (physical books, theses, copies of articles or chapters) from the collections of the UNIGE Library on interlibrary loan to Swiss or foreign libraries.
- Have an institutional account by SLSP (to request at ).
- Sign in on swisscovery UNIGE via "without SWITCH edu-ID". When you log in for the first time, you must reset your account password using the link "Reset password".
Order a book, a thesis
- Search the document in swisscovery UNIGE.
- Send an email with:
- - the full reference of the document needed*
- - if necessary, the volume(s) needed
- - that you accept our fees (see below)
- - your full shipping address
- to the library which follows the text « Available at » according the list below:
- Uni Arve – Carl-Vogt :
- Uni Arve – Conseil Général, Bibliothèque Georges de Rham :
- Uni Arve – Sciences II, BELS :
- Uni Arve – Observatoire :
- Uni Bastions & Arve – Battelle :
- Uni Bastions – Central :
- Uni Bastions – Philosophe :
- Uni DBU (Dépôt de la Bibliothèque de l'Université) :
- Uni Mail :
- Uni CMU (Centre Médical Universitaire) :
- Fondation Hardt : pas de prêt
*Tip: once the document is found in swisscovery UNIGE, click on the "email" icon to send yourself the reference of the selected document by email; you can then forward this email to us and complete it with the requested information.
Order an article, a chapter
- Go to swisscovery and log in with your SLSP account.
- Open the form « Citation Linker » in the top banner.
- If you have the DOI or PMID of the document, fill in this identifier in the field provided. If not, fill in the information about the desired document as accurately as possible.
- Click on the button « Submit ».
- In this new window, check if the collected data corresponds to the desired document and click on the link « Demander article ou chapitre ».
- The window with the order form opens. Fill in your contact information and check the complete reference of the desired article or chapter.
- Click on the button « Envoyer la demande ».
- An order confirmation is sent by email. The scanned documents are delivered by email to the address indicated at the time of the order.
||Book or thesis
||Article or chapter|
|SLSP Library, via the Courier service||6 CHF||5 CHF**
|Swiss Library||12 CHF|
|Library from Europa||2 IFLA (24 CHF)||1 IFLA (12 CHF)**
|Library from United Kingdom and other countries||3 IFLA (36 CHF)|
** for each 20 pages
Loan term and renewals
The standard loan term is 28 days. In most cases, the documents are automatically renewed 5 times their initial loan term if they are not requested by another person.