Objective : Understand how are scientific "performances" evaluated. Know which indicators are commonly used.
Bibliometric indicators (h-index, impact factor…) are commonly used to evaluate research “production”.
At the next Midi de l’info scientifique of the UNIGE Library, discover the methods to calculate, the applications and the limits of these indicators.
Audience: Researchers, Academic teachers, PhD students, Post-doc researchers, UNIGE collaborators.
Prerequisite : None.
- 1 hour long practical workshop. (12 participants/session)
- Is taking place in our training lab with PC's. People can bring their own laptop
- In english if needed
- Indicators for journals (IF, Google Scholar metrics…)
- Indicators for articles (article-level metrics)
- Indicators for researchers (h-index, g-index, Google Scholar ID, RG score…)
When and where : Monday November 5th 2018, 12h15-13h15 Schmidheiny library
No registration, free entry
Topics: Bibliometrics, indicators, scientific journal, Impact Factor, altmetrics
- Documents will be available after the workshop