Open Access publishing at no cost thanks to UNIGE agreements
In 15 minutes
Objective: To discover the agreements allowing UNIGE authors to publish their research in Open Access at no or low cost, as well as their terms & conditions.
Description: This short presentation will review the agreements concluded by the library allowing UNIGE authors to publish in Open Access at no or low cost. After a presentation of the context and the conditions of their negotiation, the agreements in force as well as the conditions to benefit from them will be presented. The participants will thus have the keys to evaluate whether their next publication could be published in Open Access, with a (complete or partial) coverage of the costs.
Public: PhD students, post-docs, researchers, teachers
- Takes place online via Zoom
- Short session of 15 minutes (possibility to stay for questions afterwards)
- Present the evolution of scientific publishing with the emergence of new types of agreements with publishers
- Identify the issues at stake in national negotiations
- Locate information on the agreements and the conditions applicable for the (full or partial) coverage of costs.
Topics: Open Access, publication costs (APC), scientific publishing, open science, Read&Publish agreements,
Registration required (see below)