Use of face mask at UNIGE
Updated 26 November 2021
Wearing a face mask is compulsory inside all university buildings:
- In UNIGE buildings and common areas (corridors, passageways, work and relaxation areas);
- In offices, open spaces and laboratories for employees even if social distancing is maintained. The mask is not xompulasory if the person is alone in her office;
- Inside classes and auditoriums during teaching, where students must also have a COVID certificate or a UNIGE negative test certificate;
- Inside cafeterias, which are subject to the protection plan for the company catering sector, and only when the person is seated;
- In the UNIGE library, where a COVID certificate or a UNIGE negative test certificate is also required;
- People who cannot wear a face mask for medical or other reasons, must provide a certificate from a specialist.
The FOPH rules on the correct use of face masks must be followed by staff members, students and anyone else on University premises. The Rectorate has also drawn up a directive setting out the rules concerning face masks.
> How to use it ? Read the instructions
> How to get one ? Distribution of protective material for students and staff members
No. Face masks are compulsory during in-person courses which are accessible upon presentation of a COVID certificate or a UNIGE negative test certificate.
No. Wearing a face mask is compulsory even if a physical distance of at least 1.5 meters is maintained between the seated participants.
No, face mask is compulsory even if the distance of at least 1.5 meters from other people present is respected. It can only be removed if the person is alone in her office.
No. Face masks are compulsory. The Library which is subject to a COVID certificate.
Employees: No, you must wear your face mask even there is a plexiglas.
Users: No, you must wear your face mask when you are at the porter’s lodge or the counter.
No, face masks are compulsory for participants, organisers and staff hired for the event and a Covid certificate is required. Speakers may remove their mask when delivering their speech, as long as a distance of 1.5 metres is maintained.
The face mask must be worn by all participants, except for the defendant during his speech.
No, you must wear your face mask in all relaxation areas. Meals can't be eaten in the work or relaxation areas but only in the cafeterias.
No, the wearing of a face mask is compulsory in the university buildings whenever people move around.
Cafeterias are subject to the COVID certificate. Masks are not compulsory when seated.
No, you must wear your face mask at all times.
Yes, the mask can be removed in outdoor areas.
No, the use of a face mask is comnpulsory and the exhibition hall is submitted to the COVID certificate.