MAS Sports Administration and Technology
PeriodSeptember 2022 - December 2023
FormatOn-site – switch over to online-learning if required
Registration deadline1 June 2022
- Develop the next generation of sports managers and leaders who plan to work in the sport sector: International Sports Federations, the International Olympic Committee, Games Organising Committees as well as sports companies and agencies.
Professional in their early career willing to apply their expertise in the field of sport.
Former (semi-pro) athlete looking for formalisation of their knowledge and experience in sport.
More than 650 AISTS alumni constitute a network of professionals represented in the many sectors of sport in Switzerland and on all continents: sports federations, organising committees of major sports events, sports equipment industry, marketing and sponsoring agencies, start-ups, etc. These include IOC, FIFA, UEFA, FIS, Tokyo 2020 and Paris 2024 Olympic Games, Free Ride World Tour, Nike, Adidas, Swiss Timing, InFront Sports & Media, etc
- Leadership and teamwork excellence in multi-cultural multi-national teams
- Good knowledge of sport business and sport governance
- Mastering of problem-solving tools and critical thinking approach for facing today and tomorrow complex challenges of sport
- Capability to identify technology innovation opportunities for sport with design thinking and use of technology applicable in sport with a focus on digital technologies
- Mastering of data driven analysis
- Multi-disciplinary knowledge base to understand the various issues facing sport organisations and federations by integrating sciences-based evidence from management, economics, law, sociology and medicine
The 15-month programme includes 8 months of lectures and seminar led by academics and industry experts, real projects case studies and field visits at heaquarters of international sport organisations etc. Practical and hands-on opportunities include:
- 8 month courses
- A team project for a real client, eg International Olympic Committee or Scott Sports SA
- 8 weeks’ work experience in the sports industry and a research paper
- Workshops for career development in sport management
Dr Claude STRICKER, Executive Director, International Academy of Sports Science and Technology (AISTS)
Diploma delivered jointly by
- A Master Degree
- A Bachelor Degree with a minimum of five year’s work experience in any industry
- A Bachelor Degree with a minimum of five years combined relevant experience in sport (international/national athlete experience)
Additionally to the above, applicants are required to be fluent in English as all lectures are given in English. Applicants must complete the online application form and attach all requested documentation. They must be able to finance both their studies and their cost of living in Lausanne.
Number of participants
Covering 50% tuition fee:
- Future Female Leader in Sport Scholarship
The AISTS aims to encourage the development of exceptional leaders. In particular, female leaders who are noticeably underrepresented at the critical decision making levels in sport. This is one small but important step in our efforts to address this imbalance for a more relevant and competitive industry.
- Athlete Scholarship
The AISTS Athlete Scholarship will be available to a current or former athlete who has competed at international levels, such as participation in the Olympic Games, World Championships, Commonwealth Games, etc. The current experience and passion combined with our database capturing years of knowledge from great sporting ambassadors, professors and AISTS leading alumni is the formula for the furtherment of global sporting events.
More information: https://aists.org/scholarships/
Covering 93% tuition fee:
- Partner University Scholarships (2)
The AISTS offers two scholarships for the AISTS MAS Programme. The scholarships will be granted exclusively to Master’s graduates of AISTS’ partner universities EPFL, UNIL, UNIGE and EHL and linked to a sports related project under the supervision of a professor from one of our above listed co-founding universities. Candidates must meet the eligibility requirements for the MAS programme, as well as be in possession of a project supported by a professor from one of the universities, enabling the scholarship holder to carry out, during the MAS program. More information: https://aists.org/partner-university-scholarships/
- Swiss Olympic Scholarship
The Swiss Olympic Scholarship is available to any Swiss nationality holding a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree. In case of a Bachelor’s degree, a minimum of 5 years proven experience in a sports field (athletes, coaching, organisation of sports events, management of sports clubs, start-ups, etc) is required; in case of a Master’s degree, a minimum of 2 years is required. More information: https://aists.org/aists-swiss-olympic-scholarship/
The MAS in Sport Administration would benefit anyone looking to advance or begin a career in international sports. (Chantal Buchser, 2011 student)
We had direct access to the most experienced and renowned lecturers from diverse areas of sports management as well as an extensive network of people from International Sports Organizations and the Olympic movement. (Carolina Ahumada Cala, 2012 student)