CAS Education in Emergencies – Asia
PeriodNovember 2023 - October 2024
Registration deadline8 October 2023
Independent individuals: CHF 5000.-
UN organizations & donor staff: CHF 2500.-
International NGO (INGO): CHF 2100.-
National government staff: CHF 1300.-
Local and national NGO/CSO staff: CHF 1300.-
Scholarships are available to support diversity and inclusion, prioritizing female applicants, those living with disabilities and for staff working for national organizations (incl. government ministries of education). Scholarships will be awarded to those able to make a strong case for this in the scholarship section of the application form. See Scholarship criteria.
In order to be informed of the latest news regarding our training in the field of education in emergency situations, you can fill out this form.
- Develop general skills relating to education in emergencies and, more specifically, the skills of design, development and implementation of training programmes in emergency situations
- Reinforce the right to education, including quality education that contributes directly to individuals' ability to engage in society, and to social, economic and political stability
For each edition of this Certificate, participants are divided into three groups: (1) Practicioners from East and Southern Africa (working in the region); (2) Practicioners from Middle East and Eastern Europe (working in the region); (3) Practicioners from Asia (working in the region).
- Foundational Concepts and Frameworks for EiE
- Cross-cutting Issues and Approaches in EiE
- Assessment, Analysis and Design
- Physical and Psychological Protection and Wellbeing
- Teaching, Learning and Improving Outcomes
- Enabling & Supporting EiE
- Application (Face to face residential)
- Reflection, Synthesis and Sharing
Prof. Abdeljalil AKKARI, Faculty of Psychology and Educational Sciences, University of Geneva
- Minimum degree required: Bachelor in Education or related field
- Two years of professional experience in Education
- Good level of written and spoken English
- Mid-level education responsibilities
- Be a national from and working in the targeted region (Asia)
- Work for a government ministry of education (MoE), a civil society organization (CSO)/ national/local NGO, an international NGO, relevant UN agencies or donor; applications from individuals and members of other organizations (e.g. universities) will be considered on a case by case basis
The CAS is taught remotely, but the Module 7 is a "Face-to-Face residential module". Depending on the situation, it can be taught remotely.