The Seminars in Development Economics restart this week
The Virtual Seminar Series in Development Economics (VDEV) will restart this Tuesday 15 September with a presentation by Nobel Prize Laureate Abhijit Banerjee from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
Launched earlier this year, and now co-organized with the Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR), this prestigious series gather internationally recognized scholars in Development Economics, in a virtual format, on Tuesdays at 5pm. It is organized by Giacomo De Giorgi, Professor and Director of the GSEM Institute of Economics and Econometrics, with Martina Björkman of the Stockholm School of Economics, Gianmarco Leon-Ciliotta of the Universitat Pompeu Fabra and Barcelona GSE, Karen Macours of the Paris School of Economics.
Aside Prof. Banerjee, invited speakers include:
- Ted Miguel (University of California Berkeley) – 29 September
- Ben Olken (MIT) – 13 October
- Rohini Pande (Yale) – 27 October
- Jakob Svensson (IIES, Stockholm University) – 10 November
- Andrew Foster (Brown University) – 24 November
- Alessandra Voena (Stanford University) – 1st December
- Oriana Bandiera (LSE) – 15 December
News & Events (Homepage)