How do I register for the Geneva Summer Schools ?
Please fill in the online application form
How can I upload my documents ?
Before applying online, you need to prepare a valid web link (LinkedIn, Dropbox, Google Drive or other) to :
- Your CV
- A cover letter (maximum of 500 words)
- Certificate of Enrolment (if you are an external student)
Be careful to provide a public link (no password needed to access)
When will I be informed of the status of my application?
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, as they are received. We aim to respond to you within the earliest possible deadline. This means that a course may fill up before the application deadline. We encourage you to apply early to secure a place !
Can I apply to more than 1 course?
Yes, you can apply to multiple courses, especially if they are at different dates. You must complete an online application for each course. Please note that you will not be able to take more than one course at the same time, as the course workload is very intense.
Do I need a visa to participate in Geneva Summer Schools?
Depending on your nationality, you need a visa to travel to Switzerland. You may find information about the visa requirement on the website of the State Secretariat for Migration. All visa procedures remain in the participant's responsibility and must be arranged prior to arriving in Geneva.
What is the language of instruction?
Most of the courses are taught in English. Occasionally, some courses are taught in French.
Do I need a proof of English proficiency?
No, we don’t require any official language proficiency proof. However, the course leaders reserve the right to refuse a candidate if the necessary command of English is not guaranteed.
I am a high school student. Can I apply to GSS?
Only university degree-seeking students, graduates or junior professionals are eligible. Unfortunately, our summer schools are not open to high school students.
Payment and Enrolment
When do I have to pay the tuition?
The tuition must be paid within the time frame determined in the Admissions Email, usually within 30 calendar days, and no later than 7 days before the course start date.
If payment is not made in due time, Geneva Summer Schools reserves the right to cancel the admission and assign the place to another candidate.
When do I receive a confirmation of payment?
A payment receipt will be sent to you by email within one week from the date of your payment
What is the Geneva Summer Schools cancellation policy ?
- The Geneva Summer Schools reserves the right to cancel a course for whatever reason. The cancellation will be communicated on the website and by email no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
- Tuition payment will be refunded.
- Travel and accommodation fees will not be refunded by the Geneva Summer Schools and are the sole responsibility of the participants, who should keep this in mind when making travel and/or accommodation arrangements.
Can I apply for a scholarship?
No scholarships nor travel grants are available.
I am a student at the Graduate Institute (Geneva). Do I get the same discount than a University of Geneva student?
Unfortunately, we cannot offer the same price for Graduate Institute students than for UNIGE students. Only students following a Ph.D., Master's or Bacher's degree programme at UNIGE will get the UNIGE discount.
Does Geneva Summer Schools provide accommodation?
Geneva Summer Schools offers a limited number of rooms at the Cité universitaire of Geneva upon payment. Furthermore, we can help facilitate your search for accommodation for your programme. We can provide you with a list of housing options and connect you with other admitted students also looking for accommodation.Please visit our accommodation page, where we have put together a long list of links offering affordable short-term housing options.
Will I receive credits for my summer school courses?
- The number of ECTS equivalence is indicated on the according course page. Participants will be provided with a certificate of completion of the course (if they satisfy attendance) and with a transcript of records if ECTS credit points and/or a grade are needed. It is the participant’s responsibility to verify the validity of the course and validate it at their home university.
- Geneva Summer Schools will not be held responsible if the credits cannot be transferred at the home institution, as it is the participant's direct responsibility to secure this approval. Please see our Terms and Conditions for more information.
Is Geneva Summer Schools connected to the University of Geneva?
- Yes, the Geneva Summer Schools is part of the University of Geneva (UNIGE). Please note that the majority of the Geneva Summer Schools courses are not part of the degree-seeking study programmes, and you will not receive an official UNIGE transcript.
Who are the Geneva Summer School faculty?
Geneva Summer Schools faculty are full professors, senior lecturers and researchers from the University of Geneva, experts from international institutions, as well as invited lecturers from prestigious universities around the world.
I am a professor and I would like to teach in a summer school. Who should I contact?
We can only accept proposals submitted by UNIGE faculty members. For further details about our ongoing call for proposals, please visit the following page: https://www.unige.ch/internationalrelations/en/gen...