Welcome to the website of Adachi research group.
We are a group of scientists with diverse expertise to develop in-situ optical spectroscopy methods to understand various interesting phenomena at molecular level. One of our major interests is a fundamental crystal nucleation process.
- Oscar and Natercia presented at Annual Meeting of Swiss Society for Crystallography 2022! The photo on the right shows the Team Unige (with Ariel, Khadi and Céline) at the meeting! (posted Sep. 19, 2022)
- Sara presented the collaborative work between our group, Thomas Bürgi group and Roza Szweda group, titled "Control of oligocarbamate shapes through stereochemistry" at the Symposium on Advanced technologies and materials (ATAM 2022) and won the poster prize! Congrats Sara!!!! (posted Sep. 12, 2022)
- Our work got picked by the editor Dr. Rebecca Ragaz from the journal "Innovation CHEMIE PHARMA" and the art prepared by Oscar was used for the cover of the issue! Full story can be found here (written in German)! (posted Aug. 30, 2022)
- Mr. Gabriel Cotting starts his master project in our group! Welcome Gabriel! (posted Aug. 15, 2022)
- Natercia's first manuscript "Combined in vitro and in vivo investigation of barite microcrystals in Spirogyra (Zygnematophyceae, Charophyta)" is now accepted!!! Congrats Natercia!!!! (posted July 11, 2022)
We had so much fun participating in "La Nuit de la Science" at le parc de la Perle du Lac on July 9-10, 2022. The weather was so good and we even got a nice group picture in the same T-shirts with the Mont Blanc :) (posted July 11, 2022)
Commentary article "Crystal nucleation: Rare made common and captured by Raman" by Prof. Baron Peters about our PNAS article appeared online!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is a must-read!!! (posted June 8, 2022)
We are happy to share that our paper "In situ optical spectroscopy of crystallization: One crystal nucleation at a time" is highlighed by PNAS in "This week in PNAS" section. (posted Apr. 25, 2022)
Unige press release by M. Antoine Guenot, "Revolutionary images of the birth of crystals" is published. Please check out! (posted Apri. 25, 2022)
The first paper from the group appeared online in PNAS. "In situ optical spectroscopy of crystallization: One crystal nucleation at a time". Please check out the paper! (posted Apr. 9, 2022)
- We happily started building our lab since September 2019! More news to be coming soon...