Useful tools for Open Access
Find below some key Open Access tools, depending on what you want to do.
Check the Open Access compatibility of your favorite scientific journals
- Sherpa Romeo: summarizes each journal policy about the green road of Open Access
- DOAJ: Directory of Open Access Journals, lists all the 100% Open Access (=Gold) journals
- Cabells : to avoid journals having well-known predatory practices
- Specific tools provided by funders for their grantees:
Obtain funding for potential publication costs
- Use your funding agency's tool
Eg. ChronosHub (SNSF articles) ou my.SNF (SNSF books)
- Agreements with publishers webpage: check whether an agreement exists and follow the procedure described to make sure your publication benefits from it.
- Publication Fund: apply for financial support if the conditions are met
Make your publications visible and open
- SNSF OA Check: find out the Open Access rate of your publications and how to improve it
- Rights Retention Strategy : retain the right to freely and immediately disseminate a copy of the scientific article (without embargo).
- Archive ouverte UNIGE: share your publications, in the form of an accepted manuscript if the published version cannot be freely distributed
Find Open Access contents
- Archive ouverte UNIGE: for publications by UNIGE authors
- Unpaywall: browser plugin, to search seamlessly into all institutional repositories online.
- DOAB: directory of books published 100% Open Access
- DOAJ: directory of scientific journals who publish their contents 100% Open Access. Article search also possible.