Professor Janusz Dominik
Former associate professor (July 2011) - Human impact on aquatic environment, limnology, (radio)geochemistry, ecotoxicology, sedimentology, sediment dating, interdisciplinary teaching
Born: 14 June 1946 , Krakow, Poland
|Since 1992||Professor (PAD), Centre d’études en sciences naturelles de l’environnement, Faculty of Science, and Institut F.-A. Forel, University of Geneva.|
|1981 - 1992||Senior assistant and MER (Maître d'enseignement et de recherche), Institut F.-A. Forel, University of Geneva.|
|1977 - 1980||Assistant at the "Institut für Sedimentforschung" at the University of Heidelberg.|
|1975 - 1977||Fellow of Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at the "Institut für Umweltphysik" of the University of Heidelberg.|
|1970||Eng. Dipl.- Faculty of Geology, University of Mining and Metallurgy, Krakow, Poland.|
|1975||Ph.D., Department of Mineralogy and Geochemistry, University of Mining and Metallurgy, Krakow, Poland.|
At the Faculty of sciences, University of Geneva:
Co-ordinator of “Diplôme en sciences naturelles de l’environnement” 1992-2006 and Master in environmental sciences (curriculum A) from 2007.
- Lectures on Global biogeochemical cycles, Environmental impact assessment, Radiotracers for study of transport in aquatic environment.
- Exercises: Study of environmental compartments: lacustrine and fluvial environments.
- Field course: Environmental problems and management of coastal sea .
Direction or co-direction of 11 Ph.D. thesis and 25 diploma dissertations.
Human impact on aquatic environment, limnology, (radio)geochemistry, ecotoxicology, sedimentology, sediment dating, interdisciplinary teaching .
Author or co-author of 100 scientific papers in international peer-revue journals or chapters in books, 50 other scientific papers and reports.
LEADERSHIP OF THE RESEARCH PROJECTS SUPPORTED BY THE SWISS NATIONAL SCIENCE FOUNDATION
Only the period 1997-2008 is listed
- "Pathways and rates of trace metal scavenging in lake surface water: The role of biological versus detrital particles and colloids" (1997-99).
- "Elemental analysis of organic matter in dissolved, colloidal and particulate forms in aquatic environment" (1998).
- “Partition of trace metals and their bioavailability in continental surface water" (1999-2001).
- "SCOPE 2000-2003 "Network for Environmental Assessment and Remediation (NEAR 2): "Research, Education and Training".
- "Partition of trace metals and their bioavailability in continental surface water" (2001-2003).
- “Mobility and bioavailability of metals in continental surface waters; An integrated approach - Part 2: Sediment/water interface." ( 2003-2005)
- “Mobility and bioavailability of metals in continental surface waters; An integrated approach - Part 3: Role of colloids in metal uptake and toxicity (2005-2007).
- SCOPE 2005-2008 "Network for Environmental Assessment and Remediation (NEAR 3): environmental curriculum and training at the postgraduate level.
- ESTROM – JRP: “Environmental assessment of the Olt River reservoirs in the region of Rm Valcea: focus on suspended matter and sediments” (2005-2008).
- “Mobility and bioavailability of metals in continental waters; an integrated approach – Part 4: narrowing the laboratory vs. field gap” (2007-2010).
AFFILIATIONS TO SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
- American Society of Limnology and Oceanography
- American Geophysical
- Société Académique de Genève