Global connections

INcoming students

Students from other universities who would like to come on exchange to the University of Geneva’s Faculty of Translation and Interpreting (FTI) must:

    1. ensure that they fulfill the exchange admission conditions,
    2. have been officially selected by their university according to the instructions of the International Affairs Office,
    3. fill out the online registration form by the given deadline (the deadline is different, depending on whether you come from a university within or outside of Europe. Instructions can be found on the International Affairs Office's website). Please note that you must prepare a curriculum to be approved by your home university before registering online.

For more information, contact the FTI's student exchange secretary's office.

General information

Download the exchange student guide (in French only)

You should choose your courses based on the degree you are doing at your home university (Bachelor courses for BA students and Master courses for MA students).

However, Bachelor students who come to the FTI during the last year of their degree may attend the MA Practical Translation Seminars (“Traduction argumentée”), if their level is deemed to be adequate by the lecturers.

Please note that the MA in Conference Interpreting courses are only open to students whose applications have been accepted. You must be registered in a programme at your home university that belongs to the European Masters in Conference Interpreting, and already have experience in consecutive and simultaneous interpreting. If you are interested in applying, please contact the FTI’s student exchange advisor for a list of documents you will need to provide.

Information session

New exchange students at the FTI are required to attend an information session a week before the semester begins. Attendance is mandatory.

The next information session will be held on

Friday 16th of February 2018 from 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm (ATTENTION : new date)
Room M1170 (first floor),

You will be given important information on the programme, courses and timetable, as well as instructions on how to register for courses and exams.


Due to the housing shortage in Geneva, we unfortunately cannot guarantee accomodation in student residences to all those who apply. We therefore encourage you to look at other housing options. For more information, see the "Housing" section of the International Affairs Office website.