Research at the FTI
At the Faculty of Translation and Interpreting (FTI) we are committed to innovative research at the highest levels of excellence. Our areas of expertise include translation studies, interpreting studies, terminology and machine-assisted translation, multilingual communication and international mediation.
Our researchers are key players in major national and international projects in these domains and work with likeminded partners across the globe. Their research output is disseminated through high quality journals and other specialised publications, including Parallèles, the FTI’s own journal.
Research by department:
- Centre for Legal and Institutional Translation Studies (Transius)
- Economics, Languages and Education Research Group (ELF)
- Laboratory for Research in Interpreting and Complex Language Processing (LaborInt)
- Interpreting and Technology (InTTech)
- Access through interpretation-mediated communication (AXS)