Thinking the expansion of my healthcare organization on two continents
By Isaac R. Ochoa Leon, IO-MBA (2017-2018 participant)
My social entrepreneurship spirit has been a trigger to initiate impact projects in my country and continent. I started working in the health sector at age 17, and today, 17 years later, one of the best decisions I have ever made in my life was to start the IOMBA program in Geneva. This program has helped me to expand my ideas to Europe, and thus ignite greater projects in Mexico, the United States, and Latin America. The quality of the network that the program offers to you has been very relevant for my life project and my professional career. I have converged with souls that have the same interests, that desire to forge a wider influence in humanity and at the same heartbeat, want to leave a legacy in this world. I have established friendships that will prevail for the course of my life. Unquestionably, The IOMBA program is a catalyst in your career, endeavoring and encouraging me to be more competitive in my profession and personal atmosphere.
Studying in Geneva was always a dream for me. Being here has opened doors to the International Organizations ecosystem, Investment Funds, Think Tanks, just to name a few. Thanks to the IOMBA Program and the contacts we have created, our Mexico City-based organization will open an office in Geneva in 2021, looking to extend our mandate and raise funds from European Agencies interested in the healthcare sector in Latin America. It would not have been possible for me to integrate myself into the ecosystem of international organizations, and to think about our expansion as an organization, without the help of the IOMBA program. My dream of creating a social impact movement on two continents, collaborating with International Organizations, and increasing our impact in Latin America, will soon become a reality.
The IO-MBA offers a multidisciplinary curriculum taught by an international faculty from leading universities around the world and practitioners from IOs and NGOs. The coursework explores contemporary management tools and techniques and connects theory with practice in the context of international organizations. A future-focused curriculum combining management and sustainability prepares graduates to “bridge the gap” between private sector, public sector, and social purpose organizations. Through a vibrant and active IO-MBA Alumni Association, participants have access to a network of alumni working in diverse sectors in international development, including business, government, NGOs, and social enterprise.
At IO-MBA, located in the heart of global Geneva, close to the United Nations and other prestigious international organizations, the city is the classroom. Field trips, guest speakers, and special events connect participants to organizations for a hands-on experience.
- Why choose IOMBA? Are you a professional working for – or aspiring to work for – IOs, NGOs, nonprofits, or social enterprise? IO-MBA provides you with perspectives from these different worlds and hands-on experience from practitioners and faculty for a true cross-sector experience.
- How is IO-MBA different from a standard MBA? If you want to develop universal management and organizational skills, but value social and not-for-profit missions and international collaboration, then IO-MBA is right for you. The IO-MBA experience extends beyond the classroom to connect the newest research and insights with current on-the-ground challenges.
- IOMBA’s career services programming includes small group workshops and individual consultations; our personalized approach connects participants with the networks and resources they need for career growth.
- Achieving the SDGs is a matter of management. At IOMBA, we build sustainable bridges to achieve the SDGs and teach how to lead change for a sustainable future. Join IOMBA and become such a change agent!
- The future talents will be “Cross-Sector Experts”: leaders who master business management tools combined with a deep understanding of the context of international organizations and NGOS. Join IOMBA and become such a leader!