The biology of metabolism in health and disease
The Coppari's laboratory has the following main aims:
- Identifying neuron-types and molecules underlying normal metabolic homeostasis;
- Identifying neuron-types and molecules protecting against diet-induced metabolic imbalance;
- Identifying neuron-types and molecules permitting life without insulin;
- Exploiting effect of dietary interventions to unveil cancer vulnerabilities.
The Coppari's laboratory possesses the following expertise:
- Generation of genetically-engineered mice bearing neuron-type-restricted mutations;
- Metabolic assessments, including glucose/insulin clamp in unrestrained and awake rodents;
- Dietary interventions affecting cancer biology in rodents.