PhD Candidate / Doctorante FNS
Uni Mail - Bureau M6185 - 6ème étage
Tél +41 22 379 93 94
- CAS - Certificate of Advanced Studies (Mindfulness), HES-SO / Geneva University (in progress)
- PhD in Psychology, FPSE, Geneva University (in progress)
- Master in Clinical and Affective Psychology, FPSE, Geneva University (2010-2012)
- Bachelor in Psychology, FPSE, Geneva University (2007-2010)
- Master in Management, High International Business School, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University (2000-2002)
- Bachelor in Management, High International Business School, St. Petersburg State Polytechnical University (1996-2000)
- Bachelor in Medicine (urgency assistant), Saint Petersburg Medical School N 9 ( 1993-1996)
PhD Research Field
The effect of Mindfulness practice on psychopathological symptoms, academic performance and executive cognitive functions among university students in Swiss and Russian sample: Intercultural Difference.
Started in March 2013 under supervision of Professor Koviljka Barisnikov and co-supervision of Professor Valentin Ababkov.
Stress proved to be pervasive and is one of the main factors affecting mental health in our society. Any individual can become a victim for various reasons and in different degrees. Stress can cause disorders of physical, psychological and social integrity in the individual. In the modern world, in constant conditions of mental and emotional overload, stress has become so insidious that society has to find rapid solution for its prevention and cure.
This project has several aims. The first goal is to assess the presence of stress, depression and anxiety symptoms in university students in Switzerland and Russia. This could provide a better understanding of difficulties in students and how they impact on their health, well-being and academic performance. The second goal is to investigate the efficiency of Mindfulness stress reduction practice for helping students to cope with stress, to reduce their difficulties, to improve academic performance and to boost their mental health and emotional well-being. Moreover, this study investigates the new aspects of Mindfulness practices such as the impact on inhibition as well as the influence of socio-cultural factors on efficiency of this stress reduction program. The results could provide a better understanding of the phenomena and help to identify different mechanisms underpinning these changes with the purpose of developing existing theoretical models. Finally, this study could provide important support for universities developing special programs of intervention to support students, promoting their health and well-being.
- Prof. Valentin Ababkov Medical Psychology and Psychophysiology and Physiology department, Saint-Petersburg State University, St.Petersburg, Russia.
- Prof. Paolo Ghisletta, Methodology and Data Analysis Unit, FPSE, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Prof. David Sander, Swiss Center for Affective Sciences, FPSE, University of Geneva, Switzerland.
- Dr. Jean-Pierre Naim, MD-PhD, President of SSLARM Swiss Society for Anti-Aging & Aesthetic Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Dr. Stevan Jovanovic, MD, Director of Champel Medical institut (Geneva) and Knightsbridge, HB Health’s Anti-Ageing Clinic (London).
- Kirill Stouklov, PhD candidate, Medical Psychology and Psychophysiology and Physiology department, Saint-Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia.
Collaborations: associations / institutions
- Medical Psychology and Psychophysiology and Physiology Department, Saint-Petersburg State University, St.Petersburg, Russia.
- SSLARM Swiss Society for Anti-Aging & Aesthetic Medicine, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Champel Medical Institut, Geneva, Switzerland.
Vorontsova-Wenger, O., & Michel, M., (2014). How to cope with stress/ Mindfulness. (Oral presentation, Swiss European Congress of Longevity, Aesthetic & Regenerative Medicine, Geneva, 29-31 May).
Vorontsova-Wenger, O., & Naim, J, P. (2013). Mindfulness – method to become young. The art of beauty professionals, 111, 52-53.
Ferdenzi, C., Delplanque, S., Vorontsova-Wenger, O., Pool, E., Bianchi-Demicheli, F., & Sander, D.(2013). The role of sexual desire in dissociating beauty versus attractiveness judgements of faces and voices. (In press).
Vorontsova-Wenger, Olga. Influence of sexual desire on judgements of attractiveness. Maîtrise : Univ. Genève, 2012. Online: http://archive-ouverte.unige.ch/authors/view/16834, lien valide le 10 mars 2013
Brandt, P. Y. (2010). Des enfants dessinent Dieu, p.253. Genève: Labor et Fides.