- Marion Grosjean was awarded the prize for best poster presentation at the SGA 2019 Meeting
- Bertrand Rottier receives the SGA 2019 Award for Best Paper in Mineralium Deposita
- Earthquakes trigger rockfalls at very large epicenter distances in Patagonia
- On plate tectonics and ocean temperatures
- Hydrocarbons may also form zinc and lead deposits
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.