- New paper details the negative impact of Chaoborus on lake ecology
- New paper in Nature Communications : the link between CAMP and the end-Triassic mass extinction
- Mineral resources: exhaustion is just a myth
- New Article in Nature Communications
- New paper in Geology: sea level changes and carbon isotopes
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.