- New collaboration agreement between UNIGE and UCAD focused on natural resources research and education
- Global warming increases the risk of avalanches
- What if the European idea was 5000 years old? The Bell Beaker culture, the Neolithic, and Europe…
- The movie "563, a tsunami on Lake Geneva" is in preparation
- 6,000 years of sea level variations measured to the centimetre!
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.