- Early Career Poster Award 2017 for Ina Neugebauer and Camille Thomas
- Climate change can goad volcanoes into life
- New paper unravels the composition of Earth’s continental crust 3.5 billion years back in time
- A pervasive tropical climate in SE Tibet 35.5 Ma ago
- IAVCEI George Walker Medal 2017 to Dr Sebastién Biass
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.