- Luca Caricchi nominated member of the Young Academy of Europe
- Oliver Higgins won the best speed talk award at SEG2018
- University of Geneva Biogeochemist Nominated a Specialty Chief Editor of Frontiers in Environmental Science, Biogeochemical Dynamics
- Meeting with the Mexico - Central American delegation
- New collaboration between UNIGE and INGEMMET
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.