- 19th Swiss Geoscience Meeting 2021
- Professor Urs Schaltegger has been elected Fellow of the Mineralogical Society of America 2021. Congratulations to him!
- Geothermal energy - a key ally in the decarbonisation of Switzerland
- Crustal magmatic controls on the formation of porphyry copper deposits
- New insights into the development of the Earth's atmosphere three billion years ago
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.