- Prof. Bonadonna, Woman Scientist of the Month
- Reconstituting past flood events: the contribution of citizen science
- Deep drilling without causing uncontrolled seismic activity
- Terrascope workshops for school pupils about the Swiss electricity mix
- Geoff Brown prize for best student poster at VMSG 2020 awarded to Gregor Weber
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.