- Hydrocarbons may also form zinc and lead deposits
- The Terrascope at the Nuit des Musées 2019: The geologists reveal the secrets of the gold diggers
- Formation of diagenetic siderite in modern ferruginous sediments
- The climate was controlled by Milankovitch cycles 2.5 billion years ago
- The struggle for life in the Dead Sea sediments: necrophagy as a survival mechanism
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.