- The climate was controlled by Milankovitch cycles 2.5 billion years ago
- The struggle for life in the Dead Sea sediments: necrophagy as a survival mechanism
- LéXPLORE a floating laboratory for the study of Lake Geneva
- TERRASCOPE out in the school of Montchoisy
- Luca Paolillo recipient of the ELSTE-A. Lombard and the Swiss Geological Society Prize for best MSc thesis
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.