- Hiring !! New position available
- Volcanic ash can travel further than previously thought
- Urs Schaltegger new science editor of GEOLOGY
- Is fracking harmful to the environment ?
- Luca Guglielmetti, elected in the steering committee of European Technology & Innovation Platform on Deep Geothermal (ETIP-DG)
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.