- Luca Guglielmetti, elected in the steering committee of European Technology & Innovation Platform on Deep Geothermal (ETIP-DG)
- Phytoplankton disturbed by nanoparticles
- Which types of forests can store the most carbon and under what conditions
- Planktonic foraminifera eDNA signature remains preserved after burial in marine sediments
- The key to understanding climate change at the Third Pole lies in the past
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.