- Best oral and poster presentations award for Corin Jorgenson and Sabi Peris Cabré
- Workshop: Flood in a warmer world: insight from paleohydrology
- Geothermal drilling in Geneva: Outreach activity for the Energy Transition
- Best poster award for Inés Segovia Campos
- Costanza Bonadonna among the 100 outstanding career representatives
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.