- Best poster award for Inés Segovia Campos
- Costanza Bonadonna among the 100 outstanding career representatives
- Understanding wind-remobilisation processes of volcanic ash
- Best Paper Award in the Solar Energy journal
- Oliver Higgins won an Early Career Researcher award for the best presentation at the VoiLA workshop in Trinidad
Department of Earth Sciences
The department of Earth Sciences is dedicated to the advancement of fundamental research as well as to its application to societal problems, such as the management of natural resources, the identification of risks posed by natural hazards, and the consequences of human activities on the environment.
Department F.-A. Forel
for environmental and aquatic sciences
The Department F.-A. Forel for Environmental and Aquatic Sciences (DEFSE), previously Institute F.-A. Forel, named after the famous researcher and father of limnology François-Alphonse Forel, is a multidisciplinary department in the Faculty of science, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Geneva.